I have to say that Mother’s day could be one of my favorite holidays. Is that selfish? Yea probably. But in all seriousness, I really believe that being a mother has got to be one of the hardest jobs. It is exhausting, messy, emotional and yet so beautiful all at the same time. So to take a day in honor of the countless hours of lost sleep, numerous diaper changes, wiping running noses and I’m sure the countless other tasks I have yet to encounter is much appreciated. One day to rest, relax and take time for yourself is much-needed.
While it is nice to rest and relax, it is also nice to snag a nice gift or two. Personally, I didn’t used to be a gift-person. I mean we all love getting gifts, but it wasn’t my “love language” that is until I had kids. I think it is the sacrifice. The giving up of buying things for yourself so you can get things for your kids. This has changed my love language and receiving gifts is definitely moving up there.
Not to throw the hubs under the bus, but he has struggled with this category in the past. You can check out more deetz on this on my previous blog post. But buying things that relate to my work, things I need just don’t cut it as gifts. So I’ve realized that I need to tell him specifically what I want. Like write it out, send him pictures, you know the drill. Does it take the fun out of it? Sure, a little but it is better than having a dramatic argument over a kitchen gadget like the spiralizer. I mean there were only a few tears shed. I know, I’m a low person. But in my defense I was pregnant and hormonal, is that a good enough excuse?
So in honor of surprising you on Mother’s day, I thought I would formulate a list of the must-have mother’s day gifts in my “2015 Mothers Day Gift Guide” that you could send your husband the link to. Let us make it easier on everyone. I’ll spell it out exactly as it is, show pictures, provide links, you know all of the details and you just sit back and be surprised at what an awesome gift your husband gave you. Mkay?
So here’s the drill. You check out what I have listed as my favorite Mother’s day gift and you send him a link with youR top favorites. Now men, GET THE HINT. These things are awesome gift ideas so lay off the flowers and get her something that she really wants. Check it out.
- Fossil Rose Watch – This is kind of a splurge but let’s be honest, Fossil lasts a lifetime. High quality, functionality and beauty all wrapped into one.
- Succulent Trough – I may be a bit obsessed with the succulent trend. It’s my inner hippie coming out. They are hard to kill plus in this beautiful wood trough they will look great anywhere. A hint of green just in time for summer.
- Lululemon Wunder Under Crop II – These have to be the most flattering and comfortable capris ever. These top my mother’s day list. I will spell it out for you F-L-A-T-T-E-R-I-N-G and worth the price tag.
- Lisa Leonard Necklace – Her stuff is just dreamy, creative and artistic. From rings, to earrings and necklaces your wife or mother won’t be disappointed.
- Running Keepsakes or Registration to a Race – I’m not a very sentimental person. Mostly because I like uncluttered, attractive things. So having a pile of old race bibs just doesn’t cut it for me. But I still want the memory. These prints are an awesome way to treasure those racing memories. Or if you want to start new family memories, sign yourself and your wife or mom up for a race. It is racing season!
- Beauty Counter Products – As I mentioned, it is easy to spend money on others when you are a mom than yourself. Treat your mom to a pampering set helping her to feel beautiful and most importantly do so toxic free with safe and sleek products. Anything from this site will do.
- Instagram Book – You have to check out this site. From prints to Instagram books, this company does an amazing job of preserving pictures in a beautiful way. Put your favorite pictures, quotes and notes and cherish this present forever.
- Tom’s Sandals – I’m a sucker for sandals. While I’m trying to move more towards less I am also working on buying more quality items so they last. These Tom’s sandals have had my eye since they were first released. Plus who can deny their mission of one for one?
- The Simple Cleanse – Okay, I really didn’t want to be cheesy and promote one of my own products but I truly believe giving the gift of health and making it a family affair can bring a lifetime of happiness. I have had too many people provide awesome feedback on how the program has changed their life from 15-20 pounds weight loss, to reduction of health issues and development of a realistic and healthy routine. The Simple Cleanse has many raving fans and I would love to treat your mother (or yourself) in achieving lasting health once and for all.
- Garmin GPS Watch – Whether you are new to running or walking or are an advanced knowing your time and distance helps to keep you on track with your goals. I have always loved the Garmin products and this watch is in a good price point for what it offers.
- Minted Foil Prints – Seriously, beautiful and fresh. A good way to spruce up your walls is one of these gorgeous prints that can be customized. The possibilities are endless. Pssst… they can come framed.
- House Cleaner – I know this can be one of those that could go either way. But if it means less time working around the house and more time with the family and relaxing I think your wife would be all about it. I know I wouldn’t mind having someone to do a once a month deep clean around this house. We all know I can’t keep up hence why there is still yogurt smeared on the dining room windows.
So there you have it. My top 12 Mother’s Day Gifts of 2015. Men, listen up just go with what you know. You’ll wife will love these things and treat her to something she wants rather than what she needs. Mkay? Remember, Mother’s day is once a year, ONCE A YEAR! End of story.
Happy Mother’s Day!