Apple Cider Donuts with Maple Cream Frosting
Author: Alexa Schirm
- 1½ cupalmond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil (butter works as well)
- ½ cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons maple sugar (can sub coconut sugar)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Maple cream
- Heat donut maker (or preheat oven to 350 degrees).
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, melt coconut oil (or butter), let cool slightly and slowly add in apple cider.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and sugar, whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry until incorporated.
- Place a tablespoon of batter into each donut hole and cook until golden.
- (If baking bake for 350 degrees).
- Remove, let cool and top with a thin layer of maple cream.
Recipe by Simple Roots at http://simplerootswellness.com/apple-cider-donuts-with-maple-cream-frosting/