Food drama, it happens and it did tonight. At least it’s not grass drama. Don’t get your hopes up, the grass saga continues. The good news is it’s planted. Our golden grass seed is in the ground. The bad news, it rained like three inches after we got it which meant my husband was stressed some of it was going to wash away. –>SIGH<– It never ends, it never ends. I mean seriously it hasn’t rained this much in months so of course it would pour the day after we planted the precious and need I add very expensive grass seed.
Luckily, when the rained cleared and the lawn was addressed it wasn’t as bad as anticipated (lets clarify that, as bad as HE anticipated). I can’t wait for that glorious green stuff to start popping up all over our yard! Oh, green grass please make an appearance before the white stuff flies! Okay, enough with the grass and lets get back to this food drama.
Drama, drama, drama always drama. That’s what happens in a house with four girls. But this time it was a little food drama between the hubs and I. You see I call this beauty loaded breakfast pizza with spinach, tomatoes and green onions. He thinks it should be loaded breakfast pizza with eggs, sausage and baaaccccooonnn! But doesn’t it just sounds so heavy when you add that subtitle. I mean I get it, it does have all of those ingredients and yes even the precious and delicious thick cut bacon. But still, we can’t forget the fluff and the fluff being the veggies!
Apparently his title is the “man” version of the breakfast flatbread with all of the “good stuff” on it with a touch of healthy. I on the other hand like to think of it the other way, a lot of healthy with a lot of flavor. Adding the tomatoes, spinach and onions really does lighten it up and make it, well more fluffy. Don’t worry though, it won’t make your waist line fluffy even with all of the “good stuff” on it.
Why a breakfast flatbread you ask? Because I secretly wanted to get gas-station breakfast pizza everyday when I was pregnant. No worries, I didn’t because:
- I am a tight-wad
- My hair picks up every smell imaginable, especially gas station smell. So I was sure to get busted by the hubs if I bought said pizza.
- Of course it is not healthy for you so I would never think about eating something that wasn’t healthy –> cough, cough<–
Real life people, that is real life for ya!
So I waited, roughly 300 days or basically my entire pregnancy for this moment. This beautiful breakfast flatbread with all the works. I mean we’re talking everything breakfast-y and delicious, bacon, sausage, eggs, tomatoes, onions and spinach. Oh, and I can’t forget the garlic butter that ties it all together. Are you salivating yet? Okay, now its your turn. Go make your favorite breakfast flatbread. It makes breakfast a-okay any time of the day. I promise you that.
This is real food life, savor it! And don’t forget to showcase your favorite flatbread using #flatbreadfriday on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram! I can’t wait to see your tasty creation! Click here to see all of my other #flatbreadfriday posts and stop back each week for a new version!
- 1 Grain Free Flatbread - Find Recipe Here
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 4-5 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- ½-1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup spinach, chopped
- 5 green onions, sliced
- Make flatbread according to recipe.
- Cook bacon (or use leftover) and sausage in a skillet until done. Drain and dry with napkins or paper towels to remove excess grease. Set aside.
- Prepare the veggies by slicing the tomatoes, chopping spinach and slicing green onions.
- In the last few minutes of the flatbread cooking, scramble the eggs to your liking. Make sure not to overcook them or they may get rubbery in the oven.
- Mix together butter and garlic powder.
- Top cooked flatbread with garlic butter mixture, sausage, chopped spinach, sliced tomato, egg and sprinkle with chopped bacon and green onion.
- Place back in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until flavors are combined.
- Cut and serve.