Why hello Friday and heeelllllooooo chicken enchiladas.
It’s been a long time, a long, long time since we met and I’m so glad we’ve reunited.
I mean really? Chicken & spinach sprinkled in cheese all wrapped in that soft tortilla, smothered in the red enchilada sauce with more cheese on top? Who can complain about that? Plus, it is warm….and hearty….and filling….and delicious. All things that are much-needed at the end of a cold, spring week.
Just because it’s Friday, lets play a little game. Now most would consider this an icebreaker game and the irony is I used to hate, with a capital H icebreaker questions. The hubs and I lead a group at church and he is notorious for asking the weirdest questions ever, without approval from the other side, ahem me. Needless to say after much embarrassment (which by the way he NEVER gets embarrassed) I have helped him take his icebreaker games to the new level and now I actually kind of enjoy them. But please, don’t tell him that, it will go straight to his head and he will forever hold it against me.
So here’s how it will work, I ask five questions and you answer them by leaving a comment below. I mean I know we are all kind of tight but let’s get into the real juice of our lives (or wanna be lives) and have a little fun this Frrrriiiiiiidaaayy!
- What is the number one thing on your “bucket list”?
- What actress would play you in a movie about your life?
- What is one life goal you have yet to accomplish?
- What was your favorite place you’ve ever visited?
- If you had 15 minutes with any person, who would it be and why?
Ready, set and….
Don’t leave without getting this fabulous recipe for your weekend shenanigans. This cheesy, adaptable, delicious, casserole that could just be the new family favorite. All homemade, nothing processed, health at your fingertips and soon to be in your belly. And because I know I won’t be getting off the hook, let me answer this little game as well.
1. I WANT TO BE ON THE AMAZING RACE – Like period, end of story, sign me up, I’m all in. I know, I know there is an application process that I haven’t fully completed yet but I am all in. I just need to find a partner….I am open to applicants.
2. Reese Witherspoon would play me in the movie. She is seems true to herself, more natural, less glitzy, thoughtful and compassionate. I mean I just like her a lot and feel like we could be BFF’s if we ever met…maybe.
3. My life goal I have yet to accomplish (obvi), well where do I start. My biggest one lately is to write a published book. Like real paper, flip through the pages, hard cover. You know the drill. My other goal is to visit all 50 states.
4. My favorite place I ever visited was Hawaii on our Honeymoon. Of course, right?!? There is no other place but I also really like the mountains, being in nature and hiking so anytime we’ve ever gone to Colorado or Montana I was all in.
5. My 15 minutes with any person would be Oprah. I feel like she has a lot of great business advice on building her brand, creating a magazine, radio show, book, you know the drill. Fifteen minutes to pick her brain to understand how I can create better products would be well worth it!
Now it’s your turn!
Snag this recipe, leave a comment and do your Frrriiiddaaaay dance.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp minced
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 8-10 homemade tortilla shells (depending on their size)
- 2 cups cheese, separated (I use sheep's cheese)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 1 cup broth
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaf
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan add tomato sauce, chili powder, broth, cumin, oregano leaf, garlic powder and salt. Combine all ingredients well.
- Over medium heat, slowly add in olive oil and let simmer, stirring continuously for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit.
- In a medium skillet heat coconut oil over medium heat. Once hot add in chopped onion and saute until tender and add garlic, continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes.
- Turn heat down add chopped spinach and chicken. Cook until spinach is wilted.
- Start assembling by placing 2 spoonfuls of chicken mixture inside a shell sprinkling with cheese and rolling. Place in casserole dish. Continue until all shells and chicken mixture is gone.
- Top with enchilada sauce and sprinkle with additional 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and avocado