Last pregnancy donuts were my pregnancy craving. I guess I should say, pregnant or not donuts are just good every now and then, am I right? Now I’m not completely set on this recipe. I think it could use a little bit of work as they were too dense or dry or something for my taste. But Payton and Ava thought they were spectacular.
Donuts to me are fluffy so I need to figure out how to add the fluff to this recipe. I think it may come in using the combination of almond and coconut flour. We will work on it. And please let me know if you come up with a good, fluffy, grain-free recipe. I really need a good donut in my life!
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- ½ cup warm apple cider
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Cinnamon and Sugar (coconut sugar or Swerve for paleo)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl whisk together coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, oil and honey. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Add the warm apple cider to the bowl and mix until fully incorporated into the dough.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet. Bake for 16-18 minutes and let cool.
- Either brush donuts with melted butter/coconut oil or dip them in to cover all sides. Roll in or sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture.