Since my number one food aversion when I am pregnant is eggs, and that used to be my go to food for breakfast. This has caused me to come up with some alternate options. I’m sure those of you who don’t consume eggs or don’t like them will be happy to have some other breakfast options show up on the blog.
And did I mention these grain-free, low-sugar muffins taste very similar to amish friendship bread? Moist, cinnamon goodness. (Don’t hate me if you don’t feel the same way….thanks).
- 2½ Cups Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup honey
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil (butter), melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line your muffin tin.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in one bowl and wet in another.
- Thoroughly mix both together and place in prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Share the love or just make extras to freeze!