The other day I got a couple of questions from Susan that I’m answering on this podcast episode:
Where did the 1200 calorie limit for women to lose weight come from? Is it valid?
Should you have the same number of calories every day?
The topic of calories is a heated one with much debate. But if we break it down and get to the true meaning of what a calorie is and the function calories have in our body we can then understand it is more than just a basic equations.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this bonus episode of What You Need To Know Today:
- The background of the calorie limit equation
- Some common misconceptions about what calories do
- 5 reasons why consuming a strict calorie diet isn’t healthy
- Why some foods take more energy for your body to process
- Why calories on labels are completely wrong
- The two questions you should ask yourself when considering what you eat
Links and Resources from the Show:
Thanks again for tuning into another episode of Simple Roots Radio. If you have some feedback to share or an exciting shout out on your own personal journey, leave a note in the comments below.
As always, I’d so appreciate if you take a moment to subscribe and leave a review for Simple Roots Radio in iTunes! When you rate and review the show, it really helps other discover Simple Roots Raido and I’m so grateful for your feedback and support.
i would be so thankful if you would
rate and review the show
Join me right back here on Simple Roots Wellness next Monday when I release episode #005, talking about tips and trick to eating real food.