I’ll admit I’ve been really into eggs lately which is big coming from someone who wouldn’t eat them until a couple of years ago. I started out with just scrambled and now have moved to hard boiled (deviled-eggs are the best) and now to fried eggs, with a broken yolk.
But as you will notice whenever I have eggs they are ALWAYS with something else. But eggs are a very good source of protein and other nutrients. Eggs are good for us ….repeat it again….eggs are good for us. Don’t believe the lies telling you that they aren’t.
Anyways, moving on. This was another day when I really needed to go to the grocery store and didn’t have much on hand but I think this turned out spectacular. It was probably the most flavorful egg-filled meal I’ve ever made.
So I started out by cooking some sweet potato fries, I always have boiled sweet potatoes on hand in the refrigerator so I just have to brown them.
- 1 egg
- ½ Sweet Potato, cooked into fries
- ¼ Onion
- ½ Tbsp butter
- 1 Cup Spinach
- For the Dressing:
- ¾ cups Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 3 cloves Garlic, Peeled
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Lots Of Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- For the dressing:
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar with the lid.
- Shake vigorously to combine; taste and adjust seasonings to taste.
- For the egg:
- Melt butter in pan on medium heat.
- Caramelize the onion.
- Add spinach once onions are almost done to wilt.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Melt additional butter in pan.
- Fry Egg in butter. I prefer mine fried over-hard.
- Add to plate in your favorite order, add egg to top and drizzle with dressing.
Enjoy this mouth-watering good meal.