I’ve been in the market for a quick, easy and not to mention semi-healthy, grain free dessert recipe…no big deal right? They are everywhere (said sarcastically)! Well after a very, very long search I have perfected one! And it is like the easiest thing since Betty Crocker developed a cake in the box! Well maybe not quite as easy as just adding water but you get the drift.
Anyways, I have altered a recipe for Lemon Poppyseed Muffins (to make them a bit more healthy). I love all things lemon and of course all muffins, so it really was a match made in Heaven!
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (zest from about 1½ lemons)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut flour, salt and baking soda
- In a large bowl, blend together eggs, honey, oil and lemon zest
- Blend dry ingredients into wet
- Fold in poppy seeds
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into each greased mini muffin cup
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes
- Cool and serve
I’ll be honest we devoured them in a day! Can you tell we don’t get sweets that often. And to be more serious Ava had one, we had the rest! I’m off to make a double batch, but don’t worry we are sharing them this time!