I know I have been posting quite a few soup recipes lately but it is really far too cold to eat anything else. With wind chills nearing -20 here in the frozen tundra there isn’t anything else I would rather eat to satisfy the warmth my body is craving.
Plus, it is easy. Like ridiculously easy and there are many variations you could make to it. I mean, it is what it says, pizza in a soup. Everything a normal pizza would contain minus the crust. In other words, all the flavor without any evil.
Great for company, great for freezing, great for eating. You can’t go wrong and it is sure to become a family favorite.
Hearty, warm and comforting all in one pot. Could we just call it the “One Pot Wonder?”
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 lb Grass-Fed Ground Beef
- 1 lb Grass-Fed Italian Sausage
- 1 Jar Marinara Sauce (low-sugar)
- 1-2 Cups Chicken Broth (depending on how thin or thick you prefer it)
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- Other optional additions:
- 2 cups Sliced Mushrooms
- Green Peppers
- Nitrate-Free Pepperoni
- Nitrate-Free Ham
- Fresh Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Basil
- Heat a large dutch oven over medium heat.
- Brown meat and set aside.
- Add coconut oil. Once melted, add onion, garlic and any other toppings that may need softened; mushrooms, peppers, etc.
- Add back in meat.
- Add marinara sauce, and broth.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn heat down and sprinkle in Parmesan Cheese. Stir until combined.
- Ladle into bowls and top with mozzarella cheese and fresh basil.