What if you stop changing what you eat to lose weight and focus more on the when and how of eating?
We would argue that the most important success tips in nutrition, the ones that make it or break it are the most overlooked. In fact, they are rarely talked about in the world of weight loss.
I would go as far to say that the most important things for your health don’t even involve food. Don’t get me wrong, what we put in our body makes a huge difference and definitely something that we should work on. But what if focusing on food alone makes things more complex than we need. What if it isn’t the biggest controlling factors in time?
What if there was an easier way to eating good food? To actually crave it without just doing it because you think you should. What if you really deep down in the depths of your soul wanted it and could turn away a piece of cake or a bag of chips without thinking twice? Not even salivating over such foods.
Not possible? Think again.
For most of us, it is harder to think about restricting or using every ounce of willpower that you have, than it is on focusing on the when and how we should eat. When in fact non-food issues are the biggest ones in changing our overall health, not simply calories in equals calories out.
There are five keys to health and nutrition, that don’t require changing anything about what you eat. These tips matter more than what we put in our body.
How can this be?
It can all be summed up in one word, hormones.
Our hormones run our show and are the main communication mechanism between what happens in our bodies. More specifically, what systems run and run smoothly and what ones don’t. They rev up or slow down based on how we are treating our body and how our hormones are functioning.
Think for instance our metabolism or how our bodies process the foods that we eat.
We all want it to be “fast” or better yet efficient, taking in what we need and dumping the rest. You know those “skinny” people who can eat as much as they want without the scale budging? Compared to a slow metabolism where our body is inefficient at processing everything from food to beverages. The kind of metabolism that just looking at a piece of cake makes you heavier. You know the ones.
It’s all about those hormones.
They make a difference in how you feel, your energy level, how you perform mentally and physically, your joy meter and even that number on the scale. Hormones make the difference. They even make a difference in the “if” and “how” you overcome the plateau, or the freezing of your health right before your eyes even though you may think you are doing everything by the “books”.
Here’s the truth.
The books, diets and gimmicks are always wrong and your body is right, always.
Most of us don’t even know what our body is saying.
The best way to overcome your health and win back your life is to listen to your body. It is a lot smarter than you are because it simply isn’t swayed by the latest diet or gimmick. It knows what it wants and it will do anything to get it even if it means rebelling against you and your wants of being slim.
Survival of the fittest means the fattest lived the longest. Extra body fat is simply a survival mechanism for when you aren’t treating your body the way it wants and needs to be treated.
How do we lose weight?
Wants aren’t good enough. You have to have drive and only that drive can come from deep within your communication signals or your hormones.
There it is again, those hormones. It is all about and will always be about your hormones.
So stop fighting it and start loving it. They can do wonders for you, even whittling away at those pesky love handles because frankly there isn’t anything lovely about them.
So how do we overcome our hormones?
Stop listening to the world and start listening to your body. Start treating it the way it was designed by knowing it from the inside out. Learn about yourself and following these five quick and easy steps to get your hormones back in sync with your body.
Five things that make weight loss easy without changing what you eat:
- Sleep like a baby. The best and only time for your body to heal and rejuvenate is at night while you are sleeping. It is a prime time for your hormones to even out, to clean house and prepare for the coming day. If you aren’t resting you aren’t recovery, disease is building and weight is packing on. At rest is also one of the few times you actually able to mobilize fat to be burned as energy. You need sleep and about 7-9 hours a that.
- Eat within a 12 hour window. This means that everything you eat and drink (that has energy) needs to be done within 12 hours throughout the day. Any more and you sabotage your weight loss efforts almost instantly. This needs to happen if you want to see results. No excuses. Twelve hours and be consistent at that.
- Use pen and paper as much as possible. Although it seems convenient to live in a paperless society it really is a much more stressful process to the body. The act of writing with a pen on paper fires more parts of your brain keeping you sharper and less stressed. The computer, tablets and phones create an unnecessary and constant stimulus that can create an overload in our brains increases our stress levels. If you want to be more productive, you will use the art of writing and schedule things on paper. Reduce stress and it will naturally reduce your waist line. Limit over-stimulation.
- Take 30 minutes for yourself daily This hits the same key that we are over-stressed and overworked not taking time for ourselves. The more you give to yourself the more you have to give to others. Even though you don’t think you have time, you need to make time because this has been proven to enhance your health. Whether that be gardening, walking, exercise or just reading a book, having a few minutes of quite time to your self will again decrease stress which decreases weight and inflammation.
- Be WELL FED on QUALITY foods. Sure you could technically say this involves what you eat, but the general principle that makes all the difference to your health is not “how much” you eat but the quality. If we were less consumed with how many nutrients, calories, protein, fat and carbohydrates and just paid more attention to the source and quality we would save a lot of hassle and a lot of health consequences. Start putting all your focus on quality and eating enough of those quality foods and you will be amazed at how enjoying the eating process can be.
By focusing less on what you are eating and more on the how and when of eating you will notice a sense of ease and simplicity in your health. Weight loss, inflammation and just nutrition in general are not a complex manner, we make it one. If things are done right and according to how your body works, you will notice all the pieces fall together in an effortless manner. It really is that simple.
If you want to know more about these principles and how you can easily incorporate them along with a few other key things to regulate your hormones and overcome cravings for good, I would highly suggest you invest in my new Craving Cure course. I’ve never felt so strongly about anything to date than this course. It is life changing and it brings so much enjoyment back into the eating process. Real food, delicious food done the way your body wants.
Not ready to jump in to the full course? Click Here to Download my Five Step Checklist To Eliminate Cravings & Burn Fat.