Things are about to get real.
In more than one way, my life has completely been rocked and changed for the better the past few months.
For one, these 20 minute cinnamon roll waffles are life changing. Can we talk about the best way to reinvent the ooey gooey heavenly cinnamon swirled bread covered in frosting? No longer do you have to wait for hours for those rolls to rise and then another hour to bake. This seriously is the greatest thing and that cheap little waffle maker of mine has really started moving to the top of my must-have appliance list.
Of course it is going to be hard to surpass the Vitamix (so worth the money) which I use nearly every day, the waffle maker is quite a fabulous idea. From mashed potaffles, to hashbroffles and even zucchini muffles. The greatest of all of these now lies these perfectly sweet cinnamon rolls.
The kids were eating them as fast as we were cooking them and I don’t think the hubs even got them to a plate before he had devoured his. He even stated this was one of the closest things to ‘real’ cinnamon rolls he’s had in years.
I’d like to make the argument on what he classifies as ‘real.’ Two, this sounds like he is completely deprived of good food. And three let me all fill you in on how he used to eat cinnamon rolls, back in the day when he was indestructible. That would be an extra-large cinnamon roll covered in cream cheese frosting with a layer of butter on top of that.
I know, I can’t even. Obviously he’s come a long ways.
My other life changing events were more a series of events. The last eight to nine months have been full of the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. I must tell you while I wouldn’t change any of it, I really am beyond excited to finally have figured out a goal, a renewed passion for my mission with Simple Roots. I won’t bore you with the details, unless you’re one of my beloved friends of the Simple Roots tribe and therefore will be getting my entire sob story of how I came to this new-found love.
I’m definitely changing up things around here, for the better. You’ll still get some tasty recipes but you’ll also be seeing lots more of… weeeelllll if you want all of the juicy details just subscribe to my newsletter and you will be getting lots of details in the next week.
Seriously, things have taken a turn for the better and I am so ecstatic to start filling you in on those details. So don’t forget to sign up. The first phase of the story comes to your inbox tomorrow. EEK!
The icing on the cake (no pun intended) would be whipping up a batch of these perfectly sweet, gooey cinnamon roll waffles while you sip coffee and get all the juicy details of big changes here at Simple Roots. It’s going to be better than your People magazine.
All you need is 20-minutes and breakfast is served. And while you’re at it, why don’t you make me an extra batch.
- 1½ cup tapioca starch
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk (milk alternative)
- ½ cup butter (coconut oil), melted
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar (honey)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ⅓ cup warmed coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- Water as needed to desired consistency
- Heat waffle iron.
- In a medium bowl, mix together tapioca starch, coconut flour and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together salt, eggs, milk, melted butter and coconut sugar.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until dough forms. Roll into a ball and place in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes or until firm.
- Form into a ball and place between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Roll out into a rectangle until ¼" thick.
- In a small bowl mix together cinnamon, coconut sugar and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle dough with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Roll using the parchment paper to help you into a log.
- Cut slices with a knife or dental floss.
- Place 3-4 cinnamon rolls in waffle maker (depending on size of waffle iron) and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and repeat until all dough is used.
- To make glaze, mix together warmed (pourable) coconut butter with honey, lemon juice and water as needed.
- Drizzle over cinnamon roll waffles and enjoy.