**FREEZER MEAL ALERT**
The grad school paper has gotten the best of me tonight but don’t worry I am stilling winning 2-0. I will overcome it, just not tonight. Why does this have to be so much more fun? Can I get any college credits for blogging? Great idea, right?
While I keep dreaming, I thought I would fill you in on a quick and healthy freezer meal. It is a super easy supper idea for any night of the week. In fact this is one of those meals you can easily prep the night of, the weekend before or prep five of them to store in your freezer.
Perfect for gorgeous nights where you would rather be outside playing than inside cooking. That’s why I love it so much. It is tasty now, but because I would choose outside over cooking we will probably be sick of this meal by the end of the summer. But don’t fret there are numerous variations that you could prep and freeze.
Full of flavor, full of color, full of nutrients, this is a winner in my book. Plus you can call it a salad without even putting those leafy greens in it, I give you permission. It could be a winner in your picky eaters eyes as well. Chocked full of vegetables, no one will even realize how healthy this meal is.
Steamed green beans + Roasted sweet potatoes + Savory Chicken = An explosion of flavor in your mouth.
**For freezer method: Place green beans and cubed sweet potatoes in a large ziplock bag. In a smaller ziplock bag add chicken and seasonings. Freeze together and pull out and cook accordingly when ready to use.
- 4 cups green beans (I used frozen)
- 1-2 Tbsp butter
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 whole chicken breast
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried Thyme
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking dish.
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes and place in a bowl.
- Trim chicken breast of any visible fat and cube.
- Add chicken to bowl.
- In a small bowl mix all spices, coconut sugar, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, paprika, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle potatoes and chicken with melted coconut oil to coat and sprinkle on seasonings.
- Mix thoroughly and place in baking dish.
- Bake until potatoes are tender and chicken juice is clear, about 40-50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam green beans and add butter when cooked.
- To plate, place buttered green beans in bowl or on plate and top with roasted sweet potatoes and chicken.
- Add Parmesan cheese for a little flavor boost (optional).