End Comparison – that’s my hope with this episode of Monday Motivation.
Looking to the left or the right seems to be a part of human nature. Our drive to be where we’re not is fed by beautiful pictures on social media, a world telling us to work harder and hustle more, combined with a nagging feeling that we’re never enough.
But has comparison ever helped anyone achieve anything? It doesn’t tend to be a motivating factor, instead quite the opposite. That’s why it’s time to put to rest comparison and step into contentment which leads to fulfillment.
In this episode of Monday Motivation, you’ll learn five ways to end comparison.
Comparison has a way of constantly reminding us that we’re not enough. This nagging that we need to be doing more, trying harder, hustling longer and needing more.
Often, comparison leads you down a path of losing yourself in someone else’s vision or story. Leading to a lack of awareness of who you are, what you are capable of and how much this world needs you.
Comparison is the ultimate mindset trap keeping you stuck in insecurity and negativity. Today, we’re going to put the comparison to rest and help you stay in your lane.
stay in your lane
The best way to beat comparison is to know who you are and what your purpose is here. To stay focused on what you were created to be. That way you don’t get lost searching for something you want in someone else’s story.
We all have a story, yes even you – so dig deep and find a vision for your life. Where do you want to go? Once you have an idea then you can start to live encouraged by other people and their stories instead of discouraged.
5 ways to stop comparing
Of course, comparing seems to be a part of our DNA, so here are some additional tips to help you beat comparison and stop comparing your insides with someone else’s outsides. To live true to who you are.
- Recognize we all have a story – Yes, you have a story, and it’s worth telling. Don’t get lost in someone else’s when this world needs yours.
- Focus on what you bring to the table – What skills and gifts do you have? We can’t all be perfect home decorators or fashionista’s that make social media pictures perfection. But this world needs more than a pretty picture; it needs you. What is it that you bring to the table?
- Acknowledge the habit – When do you feel most vulnerable to comparison? We tend to all have triggers and rhythms that stimulate lousy behavior. Know when you tend to fall into the trap and the trigger that led you there so you can construct a battle plan to keep you on solid ground.
- Limit your use of social media – There is no denying that social media is one of the leading causes of comparison. But even if we take it away, it doesn’t mean that comparison ends, however, not having it for a bit or putting boundaries on it can help ease the burden of adding yourself against someone else.
- Remember, the grass isn’t always greener – We don’t always know someone else’s story. They may look like they have it all together, or have the perfect fit body, but you don’t know their story and what they could be battling themselves. The grass isn’t always greener, never forget that.
Bottom line: No one else can make you feel inferior except you.
Today’s action plan is straightforward – find your vision – what is it that this world needs from you.
You bring something to the table, and you have a great purpose here. Know your vision and commit to it. This world needs that, not more curated photos on Instagram, but humans choosing to live true to them. Be that and live it.
Whether that means you set boundaries on social media, create a morning mantra to help you stay focused or get an accountability partner to voice all of you concerns – stay focused on the good stepping away from the need to compare.
It’s not only the secret to contentment, but a more joy-filled life.
Get all of the details in today’s show!
Don’t forget to download the free guide below – The Joy Experiment to help you on this journey!
GET MY FREE DOWNLOAD SENT TO YOUR INBOX
the joy experiment
subscribe to the show
Don’t forget to subscribe to Simple Roots Radio to make sure you are notified as soon as another podcast comes out. Sometimes I can be a little slow to notify you, and this ensures that you get the show right on your phone to listen anytime you want!
If you have some feedback to share or an exciting shout out on your journey, leave a note in the comments below. I would love to know your reactions to the show and how you’re taking steps in owning your own story.
Finally, if you enjoyed the show, I’d love it if you’d take a minute to leave a rating and review. Through these reviews, we can work to make the show better and align more closely with the information you need to live your best life. It only takes a minute and makes a world of difference in the life of this show.