Looking for a quick summer side dish or a crowd-pleaser? This 20-minute tomato & feta sweet corn salad is my most requested dish of summer. Get the full recipe here.
There’s nothing that screams summer more than fresh sweet corn in Iowa. While the season is mildly short, I still love to get my fix in and preferably with this sweet corn salad.
While I always promote fresh sweet corn, it can be made with frozen corn, but the flavor isn’t quite the same. I promise this is a crowd favorite and something that you can batch cook ahead of time.
While you can get the full recipe below, it is one recipe inside my Summer Batch Cooking Guide, where you can learn how I’ve incorporated it into five different lunch and breakfast options.
If you don’t have time to eat healthily, it’s because you haven’t learned about batch cooking. It’s the very system and reason that healthy food makes it to my table.
- 6 ears fresh sweet corn
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes halved
- ⅓ cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Shuck and clean corn.
- Place in a large stockpot with cold water. Turn heat on and let boil.
- Remove the corn once cooked through or until just starting to boil. You should notice a color change.
- Remove from water and let cool slightly.
- Once cooled, cut from cob and place in a bowl.
- Halve tomatoes and add to corn.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese, add chopped fresh cut cilantro.
- Mix gently.
- Melt butter and add balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly and pour over corn and tomato mixture.
- Stir and enjoy it!