This is my new favorite meal ever. There is no denying the fact that I love every aspect about fall; boots, candles, sweatshirts, the crisp air, squash…..seriously everything. And this Harvest salad pushed it right over the edge. We were in fall Heaven when I served this meal and I didn’t think it could get any better. There was complete silence as we ate and savored every last bite.
It is not the complexity of the preparing this meal (it is very simple) but the explosion of flavors in your mouth that leaves you longing for more and more. A definite go to meal in our house from now on.
- Butternut squash, cubed
- Chuck Roast (sweet onion and broth)
- Walnuts or pecans
- Feta Cheese
- Mixed Greens
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Place seasoned roast, quartered onion, and 1 cup broth in slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Cube butternut squash and season with melted coconut oil, salt, pepper and cinnamon. Place on baking sheet and roast in 350 degree oven for 30-50 minutes (depending on size of cube).
- Meanwhile, dice apple, avocado, roughly chop nuts and wash and chop greens.
- To plate add; start with lettuce and top with feta cheese, roasted squash, shredded roast, avocado, apple, nuts and balsamic vinaigrette.
Savor every minute as it won’t last long!